Authored onWednesday, 13 October, 2021 - 11:09 AM
We are seeking an imaginative, skilful, motivated and versatile UI Artist to join our team! As a candidate, you would be a proven professional in your field, with the ability to guide a product along the development process and help provide a vision to all members of the team. You will share knowledge and provide mentorship to other artists. You also have an eye for clean and playful design, possess superior UI skills, and have the ability to translate high-level requirements into coherent UI flow in order to create beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Work closely with Creative leads, Designers and Engineers to create striking and consistent user interface visuals
- Produce wireframes, concepts and final assets for game UI, including HUD and GUI elements
- Support the engineering team with UI implementation
- Maintain the artistic and stylistic vision throughout the development process
- Create style guides and documentation
- Constant research & interpretation of latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Help reinforce great teamwork and an amazing studio culture!
What You Bring To The Role
- Three plus years of professional experience as a UI Artist
- Experience providing mentorship and training to more junior members of the team
- Ability to show a portfolio that includes examples of game UI implementation
- Understanding of mobile/console games and the industry as a whole
- Sound understanding of the field of UX
- Exceptional knowledge and experience with graphic design, typography and iconography
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- 2D art and motion design skills
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently without day-to-day instruction
- Can interpret feedback and take direction well
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Experience in Art/Illustration
- Experience working within Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Experience developing for VR or console titles
How to Apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio links. While working your cover letter, please consider the following:
- Why are you applying for our role at Playside?
- Tell us all about yourself!
- What is your proudest work achievement?
- Why do you think you're the one for this role?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- How many weeks' notice do you need?
Only candidates successful will be contacted. Do keep an eye on our LinkedIn page and careers page to future roles.