Authored onWednesday, 13 October, 2021 - 10:59 AM
Producers play a critical role in the successful delivery of a game that’s on time, under budget, and hits our ambitious quality bar. A Producer at PlaySide Studios ultimately takes the onus on the product delivery by leading the development team on any given title. The Producer is expected to do this by ensuring proper top-down communication to all developers of a project and draw from experiences from other silos of the business including but not limited to the design/creative team and the executive team.
If you enjoy working in the gaming community and have a strong interest in games then this is a great opportunity to join our incredible team
- Managing incidents for live projects - Investigating and prioritising live bugs, coordinating resolution, communicating learnings and results.
- Ensuring we make the best possible decisions on a day to day basis with the development team from concept through delivery including brainstorming, iteration, QA, and LiveOps.
- Risk Management - you should see risks coming before the team, and you should proactively identify ways to mitigate them.
- Responsible for the adoption and usage of all project management tools including Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.
- Coordinating with external stakeholders and partners ensuring they have full context, their concerns are addressed and they are as excited about the project as we are!
- Proactive internal communication ensuring the team always knows what to expect and when to expect it.
- Regular reporting of results back to production and leadership to ensure organisation wide continued learning.
- Communication with external partners and clients to keep them updated on the project direction, changes, and status.
- Team health - Making sure people are being used effectively, ensuring the team is working sustainably, and pushing for team engagement in the project and studio
- Proactively identify opportunities for team member growth and development - working with their discipline leads on how you can help them grow and learn!
- The keeping project team focused and free from distraction
- Staffing for projects - ensuring you have the right people at the right time to limit inefficiencies and ensure smooth handoffs between team members
- Overall project success from delivering on time and sustaining success once live
- Responsible for Milestone planning, roadmaps, and day to day sprint management.
- Drive the vision of the project on a daily basis - ensure the team is aligned, excited, and energized by the work we’re doing.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years working in games or relevant experience.
- Experience shipping new games or shipping releases for live games
- Experience leading game development teams
- Next level verbal/written communication
- Excellent time management
- Understand driving forces behind games in the current market, and the ability and willingness to dig into and learn more when needed. Criteria such as monetization, engagement, retention & the identification of a core loop. Suggest improvements as needed.
What is a Producer at PlaySide?
- Producers turn strategy into action. Great producers are experts in finding the right strategy and executing it.
- Producers are accountable for the outcome of the game, the health of the team, and the communication flow both up and down.
- Producers are responsible for identifying the vision of the game and communicating it and keeping the project on track.
- Producers are experts in all things agile - mindset, tools, process, and development methodologies.
- Producers should be masters of lateral thinking - we try to simplify problems into their root cause and identify target outcomes - and solve for that with creative problem solving and rallying the team around the intended outcomes.
- Producers should be accountable for the success of the project from inception through live support. There is no “passing the buck”
- A producer does not micromanage - a producer should facilitate and ensure the right things are happening at the right time. This is primarily through influencing without authority. A producer should almost never default to authority as the means for coming to an agreement.
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com.
Your application should include your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio links. While working your cover letter, please consider the following:
- Why are you applying for our role at Playside?
- Tell us all about yourself!
- What is your proudest work achievement?
- Why do you think you're the one for this role?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- How many weeks' notice do you need?
Only candidates successful will be contacted. Do keep an eye on our LinkedIn page and careers page to future roles.