We are seeking an imaginative, skilful, motivated and versatile Lead UI Artist to join our team! As a candidate, you would be a proven professional in the field of visual communication, with the ability to guide multiple products along the development process and lead a vision to all members of the team including supporting your team. You will share knowledge and lead other artists. You also have an eye for clean and playful design, possess superior UI skills, and have the ability to translate high-level requirements into coherent UI flow in order to create beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Work closely with Creative leads, Designers and Engineers to create striking and consistent user interface visuals
- Produce wireframes, concepts and final assets for game UI, including HUD and GUI elements
- Working closely with our Art Director and P&C team to build and support the UI Team
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with your team to support them in their Art & career
- Along with your Senior Artists, set standards across the team and support your team in meeting those standards.
- Be an active member of the leadership team of PlaySide & champion the growth of PlaySide.
- Communicate with the engineering team to support UI implementation of your team
- Maintain artistic and stylistic vision throughout the development process
- Create style guides and documentation
- Graphic design skills to assist with the development of game brands and marketing assets
- Constant research & interpretation of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Help reinforce great teamwork and an amazing studio culture!
What you bring to the role
- Professional experience as a UI Artist or in a similar field
- Experience leading a team of 2D/UI Artist including mentorship and training of your team
- Released at least 1 game title
- Experience across a range of platforms including: Mobile, PC & VR.
- Ability to show a portfolio that includes examples of game UI
- Understanding of mobile/console games and the industry as a whole
- General understanding of the field of UX
- Exceptional knowledge and experience with graphic design, typography and iconography
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to create 2D art for UI elements
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently without day-to-day instruction
- Can interpret feedback and take direction well
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Can think on their feet and act quickly
- Art/Illustration experience
- Motion design experience
- Experience working within Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Experience developing for VR or console titles
How to Apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio links