Authored onTuesday, 8 February, 2022 - 11:47 AM
We are one of Australia's largest game development companies in Melbourne and we are looking for a highly skilled Lead C++ Engineer to join our talented team in developing a game for PC and console platforms. We’re looking for an individual that has very strong graphics programming skills and looking to have a major impact across our game development. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work together to deliver a truly epic game engine.
If you enjoy working in a young fast-paced environment, love the gaming community, and have a strong interest in games then this is a great opportunity to become part of a growing team.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, debug game features.
- Work collaboratively and communicate with game designers, artists, animation, and audio teams.
- Develop tools and systems for our team to create great content for the game.
- Assist with the development and deployment of the game on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Contribute to the team’s design vision to build a fun and exciting game.
- Continue ongoing development in the live services environment
- Lead the team of engineers in building new games
- Deliver flexible, performant and well designed code for new games
- Mentor and motivate other engineers in coding and gameplay system development
What You Bring To The Role
- Proven experience in understanding and writing effective C++ code
- Experience working with game engines.
- Shipped at least 1-2 major projects on iOS/Android.
- Have worked with live-ops and continuing development of an existing game.
- Strong maths skills.
- Great communication skills and enjoys working with peers from art, animation, and audio teams.
- Creative, motivated, focused, and passionate about making games.
- A tertiary degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field.
- The ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction.
- Think on their feet and act quickly.
- Have a can-do with the ability to turn a negative into a positive, no problem is too great.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Functions feature
- Strong game optimisation skills and can identify bottlenecks in the game
- Good understanding of multithreading and how to write code for such systems
- Experience working with or contributing to in-house engine development
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com.
Your application should include your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio links